Sunday 2 December 2012

Stacking the Shelves #27


STSmall_thumb[2]

Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tyngs's Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your    shelves, may they be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

We love sharing our books with you each week but more importantly we loving see what you add to your shelves. All the links added here will take you to Goodreads.

Bungle's Shelf

So this week I caved & I bought a book!! I was doing so well & with Christmas coming up I've been trying not to buy but I needed this book!! I loved Hunting Lila and I need to know what happens next so I bought Losing Lila by Sarah Alderson. I just love Sarah's writing style & I can't wait to get stuck in. This week I also got a galley which was Wicked Kiss by Michelle Rowen. Now me being me didn't realise this is book two!!!!! How stupid!!??!! I just didn't see anything to say it was a second book so now I must buy the first!





















Sally's Shelf

Oh dear. Bad Sally.  What started off as a fairly sensible week descended into consumer chaos when I hit the streets to go Xmas shopping yesterday.  In my defence I did get two books which were fairly battered and one of these books was leant to me by one of my reading buddies.  Plus there was a buy two get one free so I actually got my hands on nine, yes nine books for the princely sum of about £25 so that's not all bad right? So anyhoo, what did I get?

The first three books I got this week were The Dark Divine by Bree Despain, Silverhorse by Lene Kaaberbal which intrigues me and I'm also saying farewell to another fantastic series this week with the arrival of Reached by Ally Condie.  I'm reading the last few chapters of Crossed again at the moment and it's all flooding back.  I can't wait to find out what happens to Ky and Cassie next!


Checkmate by Malorie Blackman was one of the books that I nabbed a slightly damaged copy of at a greatly reduced price so much like Bungle I found myself having to get my hands on the books that preceded it.  So I ran to the slightly more expensive section and got my hands on Noughts & Crosses and Knife Edge. I've heard some really good things about this series so I can't wait to get stuck in!


Last week I got my hands on a copy of The Stone Demon by Karen Mahoney and in a situation not dissimilar (Indeed, some might say it's identical) to the one above I found myself in a position where I needed to acquire the first two books of the series.  So I got my hands of a copy of The Iron Witch and The Wood Queen too! I also got my hands on a copy of Fated by Sarah Alderson.  Like Bungle I'm a big fan of the way the Sarah Alderson writes so I'm looking forward to snuggling away over Xmas and getting stuck into this one!


So that's what Bungle and I got up to this week. We can't wait to see what you got :)




2 comments:

Read Write Reviews said...

Awesome Haul! I still need to read the Dark Divine! I'm in a love hate relations ship with the Matched Trilogy so it will be good to see your opinion on the final book!

Happy Reading!

Check Out My New Books!

Michelle @ Much Loved Books said...

Great haul this week, I have read and loved Noughts and Crosses and I have the rest of the series waiting to be read. I still need to read Crossed before I can buy Reached, I am hoping I will read it very soon.

Check out my haul

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater