Sunday 27 May 2012

Stacking the shelves #1


Carnival, Paris (Woman reading behind stage)

Stacking the shelves is a weekly meme hosted over at Tynga's reviews.  This meme allows us bloggers to tell you all about the books we have added to your shelves over the past seven days whether they be physical or virtual. This means we include books you can buy in a physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! We love sharing our books with you each week but more then that we loving seeing what books you get each week!! All links will take you to goodreads.



 

Bungle's shelves


The first book I got this week was from the awesome Phil at Hodder, Between the Lines by Jodie Picoult & her daughter Samantha Van Leer. I already have a copy of this book so Phil has asked to to use this copy for a giveaway :) The second book I got this week was the paperback edition of Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke & Bone!! I love this book & I'm very excited for book 2!! And the last book I got this week was Jessie Hearts NYC by Keris Stainton. I picked up this book because I was invited to the launch of Keris' third book in Manchester in a few weeks time (after being nosey on twitter) but I haven't read any of her books yet and I'm hearing great things about them!!



 Sally's shelves


Well, for me this has been another really exciting two weeks where I got hold of yet another of my most anticipated books of 2012.  Yep, it was this week that I finally got my hands on City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare.  And was it worth the wait - yes it so was!! I'll be putting a full review up on the site in the near future.  I also got hold of copies of Awake at Dawn and Taken at Dusk by CC Hunter.  I'd had born at midnight on my shelf for ages and finally got around to reading it - if only I hadn't waited so long - I loved it.  The upside of waiting however is that I only have to wait until October for book 4, Whispers at Moonrise.Last but by no means least, continuing my love for all things dystopian I also bought a copy of Legend by Marie Lu.  I devoured it over the weekend and can't wait to find out where Lu takes these characters next!  The last book I received was Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.  I've been meaning to get my hands on this book for a long time and I think this is the one I'll be taking into the garden this afternoon.  Can't wait!

But that's enough of me ranting on - we'd love to hear what you got this week!

2 comments:

Michelle @ Much Loved Books said...

Great haul this week. Keris's books sound good, I may have to buy her first book when I get paid.

I love the Mortal Instruments series, but since my TBR pile is so huge, and I will end up buying a paperback copy later on, I haven't got COLS yet.

My Book Haul

Raimy from Readaraptor Hatchling said...

great books! I loved Jessie, Bungle, and I'm sure you will too! Also I cant wait for the launch of Emma <3's LA, see you there and I hope you both enjoy these books!

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater