Saturday 2 July 2011

On My Wishlist #8


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It is a list of the books I want but don't yet have. The books can be old, new or forthcoming.
 

Angelfire (Angelfire, #1)

 
Title: Angelfire
Author: Courtney Allison Moulton
Published: Feb 2011
By: HarperCollins
Series: Angelfire
 
This debut, the first novel in a trilogy, is achingly romantic, terrifying, and filled with blistering action.

When seventeen-year-old Ellie starts seeing reapers - monstrous creatures who devour humans and send their souls to Hell - she finds herself on the front lines of a supernatural war between archangels and the Fallen and faced with the possible destruction of her soul.

A mysterious boy named Will reveals she is the reincarnation of an ancient warrior, the only one capable of wielding swords of angelfire to fight the reapers, and he is an immortal sworn to protect her in battle. Now that Ellie's powers have been awakened, a powerful reaper called Bastian has come forward to challenge her. He has employed a fierce assassin to eliminate her - an assassin who has already killed her once.

While balancing her dwindling social life and reaper-hunting duties, she and Will discover Bastian is searching for a dormant creature believed to be a true soul reaper. Bastian plans to use this weapon to ignite the End of Days and to destroy Ellie's soul, ending her rebirth cycle forever. Now, she must face an army of Bastian's most frightening reapers, prevent the soul reaper from consuming her soul, and uncover the secrets of her past lives - including truths that may be too frightening to remember.
 
 

Everlasting (The Immortals, #6)

 
Title: Everlasting
Author: Alyson Noel
Published: July 2011
By: Macmillian
Series: The Immortals
 
Everlasting is the sixth and final installment of the epic love story that has enchanted readers across the world. Ever and Damen have spent centuries facing down bitter rivals, jealous friends and their own worst fears-all in the hope of being together forever. Now in Everlasting, their destiny is finally within reach.

Will they be united-or torn apart forever? Readers will finally discover the truth in this anxiously awaited conclusion.
 
* Alyson Noel will be at Waterstone's Deansgate on the 15th July, give them a call to get your tickets.
 
 
 

Sweetly (Sisters Red, #2)
Add caption

 
Title: Sweetly
Author: Jackson Pearce
Published: August 2011
By: Little Brown
Series: Sisters Red
 
SWEETLY is a modernization of Hansel and Gretel and a companion book to SISTERS RED.

Twelve years ago, Gretchen, her twin sister, and her brother went looking for a witch in the forest. They found something. Maybe it was a witch, maybe a monster, they aren’t sure—they were running too fast to tell. Either way, Gretchen’s twin sister was never seen again.

Years later, after being thrown out of their house, Gretchen and Ansel find themselves in Live Oak, South Carolina, a place on the verge of becoming a ghost town. They move in with Sophia Kelly, a young and beautiful chocolatier owner who opens not only her home, but her heart to Gretchen and Ansel.

Yet the witch isn’t gone—it’s here, lurking in the forests of Live Oak, preying on Live Oak girls every year after Sophia Kelly’s infamous chocolate festival. But Gretchen is determined to stop running from witches in the forest, and start fighting back. Alongside Samuel Reynolds, a boy as quick with a gun as he is a sarcastic remark, Gretchen digs deeper into the mystery of not only what the witch is, but how it chooses its victims. Yet the further she investigates, the more she finds herself wondering who the real monster is, and if love can be as deadly as it is beautiful.
 
 
What are you wishing for?
 
 

12 comments:

nix said...

Im liking these modern day fairy tales....Good list Bungle :D

tthepageturner said...

Angelfire is AMAZING. You'll love it! :)

Unknown said...

I really like the look of Sweetly, the cover is eye catching and I love modern fairytales! Thansk for sharing!

My Wishlist

Suzanne @ Under the Covers

Amy said...

I really want to read Angelfire.

Amy

Lesley said...

I love the Sweetly cover too, its fab and creepy.

My wishlist

Anonymous said...

I love the cover for Sweetly. Hope you get to read these soon :)


On My Wishlist this week

samantha.1020 said...

Angelfire is a book that I've been wanting to read as well. And I love the cover to it! Hope you get to read all of these soon!

heavenisabookstore said...

I started the Immortals series, but got sidetracked with a million other books. The ones I read were good though.

Raimy from Readaraptor Hatchling said...

Sweetly is SOOOO on my wishlist too! I think Its actually pre-ordered! (best get that checked!) I cant wait for it and I'd give my right leg for a copy of it now! lol
I really want to read the immortals series too! Im guessing theyre good if you still want to read after 5 books!
I hope you get your books soon!! :D

pussreboots said...

I love the cover on Sweetly. I hope you get your books. My featured wish this week is Babymouse: Monster Mash by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm. Come see why.

Ynysawdre Elderly Residents Association said...

Great choices - I have these on my amazon wish-list :D

Maria Behar said...

Oooohh, such TERRIFIC picks you guys have this week!!

I have read (and reviewed) "Angelfire", so let me tell you, it's AWESOME!

I've been meaning to get into the Noel books (I do have the very first one, and haven't read it yet...), and I seriously have GOT to start!! I've heard so much about this series!

The third book, "Sweetly", is totally new to me, but I LOVE fairy tale retellings, and this one does sound like it's a great read, too!

WAY TO GO! WOOT, WOOT!! )

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater