Monday 7 February 2011

DIE FOR ME Review


DIE FOR ME
Amy Plum
Release date: May 2011


Opening Line: The first time I had seen the statue in the fountain, I had no idea what Vincent was.

Closing Line: All I could do was hold my breath. And wait.

Favourite Quote: "So why don't you just pat yourself on the back for not getting in too deep before you found out, and be on your merry way back to Guyland?"
~Gerogia~


WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!

I was very much looking forward to this book and Plum does not disappoint!!

Set in the most beautiful, romantic, artistic city of the world, Paris finds itself home to newly orphans, Georgia and Kate. After their parents die in a tragic accident the sisters find themselves living in the French captial with their grandparents.
Both deal with the loss of their parents in their own way, Georgia spends her nights clubbing while Kate stays in her room, until the intervention of her Mamie and sister that is.
An intervention that will change her life forever! Kate soon finds herself spending time in art galleries, museums and coffee shops, which is where she first sets eyes on Vincent and her world is turned upside-down. Again.
When Kate falls for the gorgeous and mysterious Vincent she soon learns that Paris is not the safest place on earth.
For Vincent is a 'revenant'. Kate finds herself caught up in his world which sees him risk his life everyday. And as if that wasn't enough Vincent has immortal enemies, one that wish to destroy him and the rest of his kind.

When I pulled this book form the envelope I was more than a little excited, the front cover alone made me want to read it. And after reading the back of the book I knew it was for me.
I more than enjoyed this story, and yes, I read well into the early hours of the morning! I just couldn't put it down! I hated that I had to go to work, I actually found myself thinking of the characters and what was happening to them.
In her debut novel Plum had created a world that readers will become utterly engrossed with. Her attention to detail is truely amazing, which only adds to the romance of her story. I was so engrossed I actually felt like I was in Pairs watching Kate and Vincent's story play out before my eyes.
Plum has found just the right balance of charm, love, tenderness and wit.
Her main characters are strong, with their own sense of being and we are given enough information about the secondary characters that I found myself drawn to them just as much as I was to Vincent and Kate.

I know the author herself stated that the idea behind DIE FOR ME came after she had read Twilight and I know readers will compare the two. But I urge you not to!! They are two very different stories.

DIE FOR ME is a beautiful, haunting, loving story, that is rich in detail and will stay with you long after you have read the last page.
I look forward to reading the second instalment.

5/5 Stars - Why? Because not only is the story unique, Plum's writing is truely magical.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that it lives up to the hype. I can't wait to read it. Glad you enjoyed it :-)

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater