Sunday 5 August 2012

Stacking the Shelves #10


STSmall_thumb[2]



Carnival, Paris (Woman reading behind stage) 
Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted over at Tynga's reviews. This meme allows us bloggers to tell you all about the books we have added to your shelves over the past seven days whether they be physical or virtual. This means we include books you can buy in a physical store or online, books you borrow from  friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


We love sharing our books with you each week but more then that we loving seeing what books you get each week!! All links will take you to goodreads.


Bungle's shelf


Bungle has been a star pupil again this week and has managed to keep her purse firmly in her bag.  Having said that, that doesn't mean that she didn't get to add something to her shelves.  Bungle was lucky enough to find Twilight - The Graphic Novel, Vol.2 (ahh Edward.. :) by Stephenie Meyer and Young Kim and she also got a special copy of 13, #13 of the Women of the Other World series by Kelley Armstrong.  I think we can safely say the girl done good! 






Sally's shelf


What can I say?  Forget the olympians, this week I have struck gold!  I added three books to my shelf this week.  The first two are my holiday reads. I bought Rebel Heart, #2 of the Dustlands series by Moira Young and Foretold by Jana Oliver.  I really enjoyed Blood Red Road which was #1 of the Dustlands series.  It had a twist on the dystopian theme that I found quite refreshing and I'm keen to find out what happens to Saba.  More to the point, where is Jack?! Foretold is one read I've been looking forward to for a while.  This is the last in the Demon Trappers series so I'm hoping for happy endings for Riley and Beck.  I nearly cracked and started reading this straight away until Jana Oliver told me to put the book straight into my suitcase and not to open it until I got on the plane. I did as I was told but I still hear it calling me at night...




Lastly, and certainly by no means least I got my hands on a copy of The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa from Netgalley! SO excited about this one so prepare to watch as go a tad fangirly for a moment! The Lost Prince is a new series attached to the Iron Fey series (If you haven't read these, you're missing out on something fab!). The Lost Prince tells the story of Ethan, the brother of Meghan.  We have been transported into the future somewhat and Ethan is now 17 and if his story is anything like Meghan's then he's in for a bumpy ride.  Can't wait to get my teeth into this one! (OK, fangirly moment over...)




So, that's it from us this week!  What did you add to your shelves?

4 comments:

Michelle @ Much Loved Books said...

Great haul this week!!!!

I got The Lost Prince and Rebel Heart myself. I am about half way through Foretold. I really wanted to read 13 this weekend but I didn't get time to, so I am hoping to start it very soon.

Check out my haul

Sarah@Catching Books said...

I am SO excited for The Lost Prince!! I can't wait to get approved for it :)

Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my stacking the shelf post :)

roro said...

enjoy
so far the lost prince is lovely

Krystianna said...

Awesome haul! I'm so excited for Rebel Heart by Moira Young. I loved Blood Red Road and I can't wait to see more of Jack & Saba. :)

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater