Monday 18 June 2012

Blogger Interview Miss J @ Miss Book Reviews



Today is the start of our mini book blogger interviews. After changing our About Us page we though it would be fun to ask other bloggers the same questions so without further ado I give you our fist blogger Jordan or Miss J as she is known on her blog. Miss J has a beautiful blog, Miss Book Reviews which you can visit here.


Wildwood Dancing (Wildwood, #1)
image from goodreads

What is your favourite book?I had to think really hard about this one because I don't think I've ever had a favourite book. I have a favourite series with which I grew up reading but never a stand alone book. So, I think I would say that my favourite book is Wildwood Dancing my Juliet Marillier.


Who is your favourite author?
I have many favourite authors for different reasons. But my favourite author would have to be Juliet Marillier. Her books have captivated me for years! I especially love her Wildwood series, also Hearts Blood which is an interesting retelling of beauty and the beast, then there is her Sevenwaters fantasy series, that series is amazing. Her writing is gripping and every time I pick up one of her books I find I don't want to stop reading!


Why do you like reading?
I like reading because it's fun. Every time you pick up a book you are transported into another world where you mentally, and hopefully, emotionally experience things that you might never experience in real life. It's an escape for reality for a little while.

image belongs to NASA

If you wrote a YA novel what would it be about?It would be a science fiction space adventure with romance mixed in that would start something like this:

The main character wakes up in her cryogenic chamber to find that she is the only one that has been woken. Had someone woken her or had there been a malfunction? It is dark save the red light that continually flashes across the room; an alarm is sounding in the distance to which she realises in horror something has gone wrong. She has no idea how to wake any of the other cryogenic chambers, I mean why would she know? She wasn't supposed to be the first and only person to wake up once they reached the new planet! Maybe that was something they should have thought about before freezing everyone, they should have thought about their plans going wrong. At the time, however long ago it had been, they hadn't any reason to doubt that anything would go wrong. So why would they have wasted time teaching every single person of the thousands of people in the cryogenic chambers on that ship how to run it in case of an emergency? She decides to carefully make her way to the main deck where she hopes she will find out what has happened. She also hope's she will find the population of people from the dying earth that were meant to live and thrive on this ship until they reached the new planet. They all had to be somewhere right?

The story would continue on with a very handsome and mysterious love interest, space travel in a space ship of course, suns imploding, planets exploding, only just escaping black holes, trying to restore order to the universe, perhaps galaxy by galaxy, lots of fighting, scary aliens and beautiful love rivals etc.

It would be one epic space adventure for sure!

It's unfortunate I do not know how to write well and that I do not know enough science to write accurately about science fiction as I think that is something that is needed with this genre, otherwise it falls short of expectations. Still, those are things that can be learnt.


If a book was written about your life what would it be called?
Among the Stars in all the Universes


You may not believe it but......
I'm trying to succeed in a career of acting.

We would like to say a big thank you to Jordan, not only was she the first blogger to email us her answers but she gave brilliant answers to our questions!! Don forget to pop over to her blog, Miss Book Reviews or you can check her out on twitter.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater