Sunday 22 January 2012

In My Mailbox #42


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted over at The Story Siren. This meme allows us bloggers to show what books we recieve each week

So the Midnight Reads team went to town this week on the book buying front. Some might see this as a lack of restraint, we like to think of it as a celebration of all things literal. We also anticipate our respective Bank Managers accepting this sentiment in a much more positive light than the former...

Bungle's mailox

So kicking us off with the book haul this week is Bungle who received a fantastic bounty of reads!


This week Bungle got two books for review; Dear Dylan by Siobhan Curham and How to keep a boy as a pet by Diane Messidoro.


Fearful that her purse was about to burn a hole in her favourite coat, Bungle also treated herself to two books. She bought Nightschool by C J Daugherty and Hallowed by Cynthia Hand.













Bungle also won a signed copy of A Witch in Winter by Ruth Warburton after she entered a competition over at The Cait Files. Lucky thing!!

Helen's mailbox

So, Helen has been frantically downloading books for review to her Kindle this week!










The first three books Helen got for review were Jessica Sorensen's The Underworld (Book 2 in the fallen star series), Courtney Cole's Every Last Kiss ( Book 1 in the bloodstone saga and B.Alston's The Grey Eyes (Book 1 in The Forever Trilogy)










She also got Elizabeth C. Mock's Shatter (Book 1 in The Children of Man Series), Stacey Wallace Benefiel's Glimpse (Book 1 in the Zellie Wells series)and Melanie Nilles' Starfire Angels (Book 1 in the Dark Angel Chronicles). As a brief aside she was also able to make a cute little flowerpot out of her melted credit card which she's sure her account manager will just love!

Sally's mailbox

I went off the rails completely this week too!


For review from netgalley this week I got Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shultz, book two of the Spellbound series. This of course meant I had to order book one. Was there ever a better excuse to buy more books?!


I also received my Christmas present from Bungle this week which I am really excited about. I chose Unearthly and Hallowed by Cynthia Hand.


I also treated myself to The Tempest by Julie Cross, Switched by Amanda Hocking and The Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon which I've been meaning to buy for ages!

So, a busy few weeks coming up for the Midnight Reads team I think and so many fab titles coming out in the next couple of few months...so much to do!!

But enough about us... What did you get this week?

8 comments:

Raimy from Readaraptor Hatchling said...

you all got some awesome books this week girls! I hope you love them all! :D

Hannah @ Dragons and Whimsy said...

Oooh I'm seeing Switched, A Witch in Winter and Night School that I'll be over shortly to steal for myself. ;)

Once Upon A Time

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! I love those covers for Unearthly and Hallowed. Carrier of the Mark was a fun book.
My IMM

Nea said...

I totally love Hallowed!! I've read it last week, and it was pure awesomeness! :) I hope you'll like it! :) ;)

Ria said...

I've heard so much about "Switched;" I'm jealous that you have a copy. I hope you enjoy it, and I look forward to seeing your review!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning A Witch In Winter. I like the look of the UK version of the Unearthly series, which I know I should get to asap.

Happy reading!

Safari Poet

A Beautiful Madness said...

Hallowed was amazing. Hope you'll enjoy it too!
Happy Readind!
Em
My IMM post
A Beautiful Madness

Giselle said...

Eeek Unearthly & Hallowed are fantastic! And I just read Tempest and I really liked that too! Great haul!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater