Tuesday 7 June 2011

Tunes for Tuesday #5

Tunes for Tuesday is a feature here at Midnight Reads where each week a playlist from a book we have read or want to read will be featured.

This week we are pleased to have Jennifer Laurens playlist for Heavenly. We LOVE this playlist here at Midnight Reads and would like to here what you think.

Over to Jennifer:~

Heavenly Playlist

Music plays an integral part of my writing. I adore mood. Music helps me add depth and emotion to moments that are especially significant. One of the songs I didn't include on the soundtrack is itself a soundtrack song, the love theme from the television show, Beauty and the Beast. Stunning. If you can find it, listen to a clip.

Mostly, this soundtrack is a good example of the mood and tone of the book. I especially like David Arnold's music for Matthias.

Lose Control, by Evanessence is perfect for Zoe's conflicting feelings at the party. She wonders if Matthias could ever lose control?

Somewhere, by Barbara Striesand is an old favorite of mine. The haunting arrangement is perfect for Zoe's insatiable want of Matthias.

These are some of my thoughts.

Click song title to listen

Death of Vesper - David Arnold
Solange - David Arnold
City of Lovers - David Arnold
Lose Control - Evanessence
Calling All Angels - Train
Haunt You Every Day - Weezer
Escape - Muse
 She Floats - Vanessa Carlton
Scarlet - Brooke Fraser
Your Guardian Angel - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Soulmate - Natasha Bedingfield
Somewhere - Barbara Streisand



Heavenly (Heavenly, #1)

I met someone who changed everything. Matthias. My autistic sister's guardian angel. Honest. Inspiring. Funny. Hot. And immortal. That was the problem. What could I do? I did what any other girl would do-I fell in love with him. Zoe's sister darts in front of cars. Her brother's a pothead. Her parents are so overwhelmed; they don't see Zoe lost in her broken life. Zoe escapes the only way she knows how: partying. Matthias, a guardian sent from Heaven, watches over Zoe's autistic sister. After Zoe is convinced he's legit, angel and lost girl come together in a love that changes destiny. But Heaven on Earth can't last forever.



Playlist originally posted here
Jennifer on goodreads
twitter @jenniferlaurens
Jennifer's website

2 comments:

jenniferlaurens said...

How did you manage to get the clickable links to the songs??? I WANT!!!! Thanks so much for featuring my playlist. I can't listen to it and not think of the months I spent with these wonderful characters. I love them - maybe it's because they're so close to my heart.

Bungle said...

We are looking forward to reading Heavenly and even more so after listening to these songs!

Thank you Jennifer :)

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater