Saturday 4 June 2011

The Iron King Review


The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1)
3.5 Stars

Title: The Iron King
Author: Julie Kagawa
Published: February 2010
By: Harlequin Teen
Series: Iron Fey


Meghan Chase has a secret destiny—one she could never have imagined…
 
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.
 
When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.
 
But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.


Opening Line:~ Ten years ago, on my sixth birthday, my father disappeared.

Closing Line:~ I waved to Ethan, nodded forgiveness to Mom, and shut the door, following Ash into the silver moonlight.

Favourite quote:~ I licked my lips and whispered, "Is this where you'll kill me?"
~Meghan~

I rather enjoyed The Iron King and I'm very much looking forward to the next book in the series. What I like about The Iron King is that Kagawa takes the typical Summer and Winter courts along with an element of Shakespeare and adds a new dimention with her introuduction with the Iron Court.

I loved the characters!! Of course, Meghan was scared at times, who wouldn't be with what she goes through but she is also a girl who knows her own mind and isn't afraid to stand up for herself and what she believes in. And then we have the boys, well I should say men when we concider their age. Puck and Ash!! I now understand the whole Team Puck vs Team Ash but I'm not sure I have read enough to make my mind up yet. That said both characters are compelling and I look forward to learning more about each of them.

I really like that Kagawa's writing style is easy and accessible, It gets right to the point with out stumbling over what she wants to say. Although at times I wondered if her writing is a little too simple.
I've gone for 3.5 stars because I think there is room for the characters and story to grow and I can only see this series getting better!!

1 comments:

Zareena said...

I'm really glad you enjoyed the Iron King! The characters definitely grow a lot over the four books so I hope you enjoy those too :) Also, I love the design of your blog!

Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater