Saturday 11 June 2011

Review: Between by Cyndi Tefft



Between
3 stars
 
Title: Between
Author: Cyndi Tefft
Published: June 2011

It just figures that the love of Lindsey Water's life isn't alive at all, but the grim reaper, complete with a dimpled smile and Scottish accent.

After transporting souls to heaven for the last 300 years, Aiden MacRae has all but given up on finding the one whose love will redeem him and allow him entry through the pearly gates.

Torn between her growing attraction to Aiden and heaven's siren song, Lindsey must learn the hard way whether love really can transcend all boundaries.


Thank you to Cyndi for providing this review copy.

Opening line: Ravi's lips were soft and familiar against mine, but my mind was elsewhere.

Closing line: "Aye, my love. I can't think of anything else I'd like more," he said, then bought his lips to mine.

Favourite quote: "I understand, Lindsey. Truly, I do. But you've naught to fear from me. I would wait a thousand years for you, more if I had to..."

~Aiden~

Lindsey's life seems rather normal, perfect infact as her boyfriend tells her that he loves her, however, Lindsey doesn't feel the same. Yet there is no time to dwell on the feelings the two have as the car they are traveling in crashes, ripping Lindsey form the world we know.
As Lindsey wakes she soon realises she is no longer living and is introduced to her Transporter, Aiden. For the last 300 years Aiden has had the responsibility of taking the good to heaven, yet he isn't allowed to enter himself. In his 300 years of transporting he never met anyone like Lindsey and the two quickly fall in love.

Their story is rather a sweet one but at times it felt like it moved a little to fast for me. (I won't say anymore on this as it will totally spoil the story.)
I loved the characters and Aiden sure is the kind of Transporter I'd be wanting.
I really liked how the two could change their surroundings and show each other what their lives were like on earth. I really enjoyed these scenes in the book and though Tefft did a great job with them. It was a unique way for us as readers to learn more about the characters.

Just as I was warming to the two characters and their relationship the unthinkable happens! We know throughout the book that Lindsey must enter heaven and therefore have to leave Aiden but she is taken from him in the most unexpected way. I was totally shocked! It was actually gut wrenching!! I really felt for Lindsey but I feel in the second half of the book we really learnt more about her.

Overall I like this book, I got the ending I wanted from this story and I look forward to the next book.

Findout more about Cyndi over at:~
goodreads
twitter @cynditefft
blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater