Saturday 4 May 2013

Stacking The Shelves #46

STSmall_thumb[2]

 Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tyngs's Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your   shelves, may they be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

We love sharing our books with you each week but more importantly we loving see what you add to your shelves. All links added here will take you to goodreads.
Bungle's shelves
This week I bought two books :) My first is so very beautiful! I treated myself to Johanna Basford's Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Colouring Book. I actually bought two copies, one as a gift for a friend. It's so lovely and the perfect book for all the creative people out there. Johanna was a featured artist here on Midnight Reads before we concentrated solely on books. I feel like owning this book is like owning her art work, I have yet to add any colour to it! The next book I bought was Fall of Night by Rachel Caine which is book 14 in the Morganville series. I'm reading Bitter Blood and the moment and just love these characters! It will be a sad farewell once book 15 is released and the series is over!
Sally's shelves
So this has been a particularly good week for me.  I've gotten my hands on three grand finales all of which I've been looking forward to for a long time!  I received copies of If I Should Die by Amy Plum, Shades of Earth by Beth Revis and Boundless by Cynthia Hand.  Boundless has actually been out for a while and I've been patiently waiting for the paperback edition to be released. That was until I read somewhere on the intermaweb that there was no longer a UK publisher and that the American hardback was the only option.  It's a pity in as much as 1) it's more expensive and 2) my series no longer matches but what's a girl to do? I'm Team Tucker first and foremost and sometimes a girl's just gotta prioritise right?
 

Some rather fabulous books we think. We hope you got some good ones too.




3 comments:

Danielle Annett said...

Great Haul, Boundless looks pretty good
New GFC follower
Would love if you get the chance to check out my haul
Danielle @ Coffee and Characters
http://www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com

Michelle @ Much Loved Books said...

Lovely haul this week. I have the new Morganville book but I need to read the previous instalment first, hopefully before I actualy l get to meet Rachel Caine again.

For Sally's book I have not read any of the book in any of these series, but I have heard lots of goof things about them.

Thanks for stopping by my haul :)

Ashley said...

I looove that cover of Shades of Earth! It's so much better than the US version. I really hope you like it! Also that Secret Garden book looks gorgeous!! O_O

My Stacking the Shelves

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater