Monday 28 March 2011

Review: One Seriously Messed-up Week:

  
One Seriously Messed-Up Week: in the Otherwise Mundane and Uneventful Life of Jack Samsonite

In The Otherwise Mundane & Uneventful Life of Sam Taylor Jack Samsonite.
Tom Clempson
June 2011






Opening Line:~ Nob-ache.

Closing Line:~ nob-ache.

Favourite Quote:~ ‘The gruff-nuggets of the world have shat on us for long enough! It’s our turn now! It’s our time to stand up and stand our ground, because we’re not taking anymore s**t. And that cheese-c**k Pimento can go suck his own d**k if he thinks he can take my girl away from me!’
~Jack~

Funniest book I have read this year!! Laughed so much I got some strange looks from friends and family.

Our hero?
Jack Samsonite
His mission?
1) pass his GCSEs
2) get the girl (to notice he exists)
3) survive the week without a serious face punching
Good thing he’s got a plan. Well, half a plan…
 

I really enjoyed this book!! From start to finish! This book took me out of my comfort zone, I don’t usually like books that are diary based but this book is so much more than that! Sam aka Jack is writing down everything that happens to him within a week for an English assignment. With girls, joints and fights, his ‘uneventful’ life soon becomes anything but.
Jack is doing everything he can to win over the girl of his dreams and when he is finally getting somewhere he soon realises reality is different to dreaming!
Clempson’s writing is funny and very smart indeed. He has the perfect balance of ‘crudeness’ and wit which kept me hooked and laughing for days. Clempson has created a new, clear, strong male voice within the teen fiction genre.

A must for all teen guys and all teen girls so you know what the guys are thinking. How often do we girls get an insight into the mind of boys? If only this book had been around when I was at school!!


4 of 5 Stars. Why? Because this story was something very different for me and I really enjoyed it. I went through a range of emotions and truly felt for Jack at times! A great read!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater