Thursday 8 November 2012

Currently Reading: Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor

Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2)

Title: Days of Blood & Starlight
Author: Laini Taylor
Published: TODAY (8th November 2012)
By: Hodder & Stoughton

goodreads:

Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love and dared to imagine a new way of living – one without massacres and torn throats and bonfires of the fallen, without revenants or bastard armies or children ripped from their mothers’ arms to take their turn in the killing and dying.

Once, the lovers lay entwined in the moon’s secret temple and dreamed of a world that was a like a jewel-box without a jewel – a paradise waiting for them to find it and fill it with their happiness.

This was not that world!


I really wanted to get my review up for Days of Blood and Starlight ready for it's release as I loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone and just knew that this story would be written with the same amount of grace and enthusiasm as book 1. But unfortunately I've been a little ill and I'm behind with my reading. However, I have read up to chapter 28 which is 130 page into the story and I am loving it!!

I knew Taylor had alot to live up to with this book as Daughter of Smoke & Bone was so popular and so far it's brilliant!! As I said I'm only 130 pages and this book feels so tortured  and you can really feel the pain of the characters. The whole book just makes me feel like I'm being transported into the lives of each of the characters and I feel as though I'm feeling what they feel. It's been a few days since I've read as I wanted to wait until I felt better so I could give this story my full concentration.

Days of Blood and Starlight is not going to be that typical second book that often feels like its just going to fill a gap, I can already feel it's going to be so much more than that! I'm looking forward to finishing this story and I already want books 3!!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater