Tuesday 18 September 2012

Review ~ Until I Die ~ Amy Plum

Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
5 stars


Title: Until I Die
Author: Amy Plum
Series: Revenants
Published by: Atom
Date: May 2012

Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realises that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series.


(I know it's took me a while to get on top of my reviews, sorry about that!)

Opening line: I leapt, drawing my feet up beneath me, as the seven-foot quarterstaff smashed into the flagstones where I had been standing a half second before.

Closing line: Two words spoke clearly inside my head: Mon ange.

I loved Amy's first book in the Revenants series, Die For Me and was rather looking forward to reading Until I Die. I was just as in love with everything and everyone in this second instalment of Amy's exciting trilogy.

With book two comes a whole heap of revenant history which was really interesting to learn about, fantastic character development and of course Plum's signature attention to detail. Yet again I felt I was in Paris living in the world Plum has created rather than sat at home in the UK reading. I know many readers have said this feel very much like a second book but I didn't really feel that, I loved learning new things and the slightly slower pace that came with that. I love Paris and I love Plum's characters so Until I Die was the perfect book for me.

With a new book comes new characters and Arthur and Violette are very exciting characters to read about. I never really trusted them when they came into the world I already knew and that's one of the main reasons I loved them. Violette was a little too sweet and Arthur well annoying to be honest. But oh how my opinions changed throughout the book! I'm not going to say anything else about these two, it will give too much away!

I still very much love Jules!!!!!! I always thought he had more feeling for Kate than just the best friend of the boyfriend flirting and book two confirms this for me. His feels for Kate really are growing but I just wish he could find someone, I'd love for him to get with Georgia, I can just imagine that relationship, sparks would fly!! haha!!

Plum leaves us with a cliff hanger of an ending and I just wish I had book three sat there waiting to start! I even twitted her, as did many of my fellow readers asking, 'why Amy, why!?'

Until I Die is a fantastic second book in Plum's enthralling trilogy. And not only does the story line get better Plum is growing as an author and I look forward to not only book three in the Revenant series but anything else she writes in the future too.

 

1 comments:

Raimy from Readaraptor Hatchling said...

I can't wait to read this one but I think I've left it too long and I can't member the first book that well!!!

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater