Sunday 30 October 2011

In My Mailbox #32




In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted every Sunday over at The Story Siren. A great meme which allows bloggers to share what they receive/buy/borrow each week.

Well this week has been more exciting than back to back episodes of Downton Abbey! Check out what we got!

Bungle's mailbox

This week Bungle has been working hard at keeping the book industry afloat all by herself! She bought Angel Fire by L.A Weatherly, Last Breath by Rachel Caine, Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon and my current fave Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.


Bungle also received some proofs this week. She got Oliver Twisted By Jo Sharp, Au Revoir - Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber, Skin Deep by Laura Jarrett and Tigers Voyage by Colleen Houck.
















Sally's mailbox

So my week started fantastically when I was inundated with gifts from Bungle! I received this beautiful artwork which was created by Karen Hurd of Ollerina Art which I absolutely love. I also received two books; Long Lankin by Lindsey Barraclough and Delerium by Lauren Oliver both of which I'm really looking forward to reading.














I also received a copy of Blood by K.J Wignall which was a gift at the Cassandra Clare event mentioned below. I also received my copy of The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa which is I think one of the best releases this year.












So, this week was also very exciting as I got to go to see Cassandra Clare at a special event in Foyles book store in London. Cassandra was there with Sara Rees Brennan who was in charge of firing random questions which were written by the audience. Cassandra told us how she creates the plots for her stories and where she got her inspiration for the series. She also mentioed her next project The Dark Artifices and advises readers to look out for younger characters in City of Lost Souls and City of Heavenly fire as they may feature. It was also confirmed that a major character will die in one of the final Mortal Instruments books...

I was lucky enough to get my City of Fallen Angels book signed as well as receiving a copy of Magnus' Vow which ties the series together beautifully. Here's me with Cassandra below:












So, That's what we got up to this week - what did you get in your mailbox?


2 comments:

Hannah @ Dragons and Whimsy said...

What an awesome week! I really want to read Weatherlys and Garcia & Stohl's series and I'm itching to get books 2 and 3 of Morganville so I can get on with the series. Breaks after an awesome book are UNCOOL! I also got Delirium :D And yay for events. AND that artwork is GORGEOUS!
Great week for you both!!
Once Upon A Time

Raimy from Readaraptor Hatchling said...

Aweosme books this week girls! I hope you both enjoy them all! Im off to check out Oliver Twisted... the titles really intrigued me!

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater