Sunday 12 May 2013

Stacking the shelves #47


Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tyngs's Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may they be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

We love sharing our books with you each week but more importantly we loving see what you add to your shelves. All links added here will take you to goodreads.


Bungle's shelves


This week I was sent one of my most anticipated books of the year for review which was Goddess by Josephine Angelini!!! I'm so excited but I think I'll be sad once it's over! I was a little naughty & bought two books but at £1.99 each I couldn't say no! They were  BZRK by Michael Grant, hardback, & the trade paperback of Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (Team Jem! Sorry to interrupt. That is all. Thank you. Sally :-)). Rather happy with my books this week :)




Sally's shelves


Well what a week it's been this week!  Not only did I get another of my most anticipated books for 2013 I also made some amazing purchases!  Did I go a little crazy because this week is payweek?  Possibly. But who cares?! You  only live once right? So, going on the shelves this week:

The first three books I got my hands on were Icons by Margaret Stohl and The Selection and The Elite by Keira Cass.  Pretty covers no? I did have a preview copy of Icons and loved it so I had to add it to my shelf.  If you haven't already seen it there's a review of Icons which is linked here.  There's also a link to the book trailer on the same page which is amazing!



So then the next two I acquired were Chosen at Nightfall by C.C Hunter and Breathe by Sarah Crossnan.  Chosen at Nightfall was on my most anticipated list and I've spent the last few days re-reading Whispers at Moonrise which is book four of the Shadow Falls novels so that I was up to speed to begin the new instalment.  I'm a few pages in and loving it so far! Review to follow. Breathe is a read I've been meaning to get my hands on for a long time as I've heard some good things about it.  Hopefully it won't be too long before I get round to reading it!


Then I came across these two, that is Immortal City and Natural Born Angel by Scott Speer as a pack in Asda (Other supermarkets are available).  What could I do? If someone offers me the chance to catch up on a series in one tiny package then I'm afraid I'm going to have to take it.


Lastly, I also got a review copy of No Strings Attached by Nicolette Day from Entangled Publishing.  For those that don't  know Ms Day is the rather minxy alter ego of Tara Fuller who writes for YA as well.  Can't help but think it's a good idea to have a separate identity for the two genres.  That kind of mix-up could get real messy.  No goodreads link to this one as yet but we will provide one as soon as we get it and of course we'll also be adding a review closer to publication.

So that's it from us this week, although I think that's enough don't you? So tell us, what did you get?



2 comments:

Michelle @ Much Loved Books said...

Great haul for you both. Icons sounds interesting and right up my street so I will be checking this one out. I hope you enjoy The Selection and The Elite, I did.
Clockwork Prince was my second favourite out this series, and I also need to pick up the smaller version for my shelf.

My haul

Hannah @ Once Upon A Time said...

Love that you guys have a bit of a colour scheme going on with your currently reading. ;)

And tempted by The Selection. Avoided it for ages because it seemed over hyped and then drama and just.. meh. But then recently I've been hearing how wonderful it is so I'll have to grab it from the library and see for myself.

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater