Sunday 24 February 2013

Stacking the Shelves #37


STSmall_thumb[2]

Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tyngs's Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your  shelves, may they be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

We love sharing our books with you each week but more importantly we loving see what you add to your shelves. All links added here will take you to goodreads.

Sally's shelves

Bungle has had a week off work this week so once again she has been an absolute angel and has managed to keep all of her pennies in her purse. Me? Not so much.

This week I bought Shadow of Night (All Souls #2) by Deborah Harkness.  The first one in this series took me a while to get through as a lot of the text refers to academic journals so I had put really put my brain in gear for that one.  It did leave me intrigued as to what might happen next though so job done I guess!  The second book I bought was Shards and Ashes which is a collection of short dystopian stories written by a heap (which I believe is the collective term) of my favourite authors including Melissa Marr, Beth Revis, Veronica Roth, Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.  All those names in one book - it was too good to pass up! The last book I bought this week was Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) by Tahereh Mafi.  I enjoyed the first in this series and am looking forward to catching up with Juliette, Adam and Warner...




I also got two books for review from netgalley this week.  I got my hands on Gift by Andrea Buchanan.  This one had me intrigued.  Here's the blurb:

High school sophomore Daisy Jones is just trying to get by unnoticed. It doesn't help that she's the new girl at school, lives in a trailer park, and doesn't even own a cell phone. But there's a good reason for all that: Daisy has a secret, unpredictable power-one only her best friend, Danielle, knows about. Despite her "gift" (or is it a curse?), Daisy's doing a good job of fitting in-and a cute senior named Kevin even seems interested in her! But when Daisy tries to help Vivi, a mysterious classmate in a crisis, she soon discovers that her new friend has a secret of her own. Now Daisy and her friends must deal with chilling dreams and messages from the beyond. Can Daisy channel the power she's always tried to hide-before it's too late? 


Sounds good  no? I also received a copy of Insomnia by J.R Johansson.  I love the sound of this one! Here's the blurb!

Instead of sleeping, Parker Chipp enters the dream of the last person he’s had eye contact with. He spends his nights crushed by other people’s fear and pain, by their disturbing secrets—and Parker can never have dreams of his own. The severe exhaustion is crippling him. If nothing changes, Parker could soon be facing psychosis and even death.

Then he meets Mia. Her dreams, calm and beautifully uncomplicated, allow him blissful rest that is utterly addictive. Parker starts going to bizarre lengths to catch Mia’s eye every day. Everyone at school thinks he’s gone over the edge, even his best friend. And when Mia is threatened by a true stalker, everyone thinks it’s Parker.

Suffering blackouts, Parker begins to wonder if he is turning into someone dangerous. What if the monster stalking Mia is him after all?



I'm really looking forward to reading that one!

That's it from me this week!  So tell me, what have you been up to?


3 comments:

Read Write Reviews said...

I need to get my hands on Shards and Ashes! It features so many good authors! Thanks for sharing!

My Haul! Letterbox Love!

Anonymous said...

Unravel Me in amazing & I'm really excited to read Insomnia!

Michelle @ Much Loved Books said...

Great haul, I love the sound of Shards and Ashes and will have to get a copy soon. SeeingUnravel Me reminds me indeed to read Shatter Me.


My Haul

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater