Friday 27 April 2012

Review~Intangible~J. Meyers


Intangible
3.5 stars


Title: Intangible
Author: J. Meyers
Published: January 2012
Review request

Goodreads says:
Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They’ve always thought of their abilities as being a gift.

Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they’ve always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it.


Opening line: "Shall she be the first to die, Seer?"

Closing line: As always.

What do you get if you cross, vampires, fae, elves, the Gifted, the Shadowed & humans, you get Intangible, which I rather enjoyed! It is a story full of many characters, each with their own story to tell or hide. The pace of the story is nice even if there a few slower parts but the twists and turns throughout are enough to keep anyone reading and guessing. Meyers has a nice balance of just about everything in this story which is bought to life by some fabulous characters.

I really liked Sera and Luke, their relationship is very typical of twins but made even stronger by the abilities they share. They really are two halves of a whole, needing each other to allow their powers to work in harmony. I think I liked Luke a little more though, not because he's male and I'm female, but because he seemed to accept everything that little bit more than what Sera did. Also I never really understood why Sera seemed to have a problem believing that vampires and other mythical creatures existed in her world because her bother sees the future and she is able to heal at the touch of a hand. I'd have thought she'd be the first to believe. As I said though I like the twins and they both really come into their own towards the end of the story.

I loved Jonas! He's our vampire that seems to be a mix of good and evil and to begin with you never really know where is loyalties lie. He's rather swoon worthy and I can't wait to see more of him! We also have another male worth mentioning, Marc who has made the wrong decisions in the past but for the right reasons. Marc becomes close with Sera but you never really know if his intentions are good. At the end of the story I wanted to punch Marc in the head, not in a bad way though, just because I couldn't believe the decision he made and the things he said to the twins. You'll have to read the book to see what I mean.

I rather liked Fey, she along with Quinn seemed to be the only friends the twins really had. I don't want to say too much about these two as it will be a bit of a spoiler but I think Fey is pretty kick-ass and I look forward to reading more about her. Quinn though, I did wonder at times why this character had been introduced to us, he seemed to be there then not at all. I'm hoping this character is developed a little more in book 2.

3.5 stars Because overall Intangible is a story with a nice pace with enough action, twists and turns to keep you reading to the very last page.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater