Sunday 4 March 2012

In My Mailbox #48



 
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted over at The Story Siren. This meme allows us bloggers to show what books we receive each week.

This week the Midnight Reads team has been extra good and we didn't buy any books but that doesn't mean we didn't get anything!!

But before we get to the books Sally wanted to let you know she has tickets for a preview screening of the Hunger Games and she is uber excited!! I think she's looking forward to this film more than anyone!!

So Helen was very very good this week and has stuck with the books she already has and she is doing her best to get through her to read pile. But Sally and I still feel the need to get as many books as we can!!

Bungle's Mailbox

This week at the shop the postman bought me Fated by Alyson Noel! I'm very 50/50 when it comes to Noel so I'm looking forward to seeing what this new series brings!! I couldn't help myself again this week and grapped a few freebies on the iphone, Diary of a Vampeen by Christin Lovell and Grey Eyes by Brandon Alston & Quinteria Ramy.

Fated (Soul Seekers, #1) 
 Diary of a Vampeen  Grey Eyes (The Forever Trilogy, #1) 


Sally's Mailbox

The good news is...I’ve barely bought anything this week!  I did get two books for my kindle app for my PC  though. The first book I got was The Darkening Dream by Andy Gavin (Andy is the creator of the ever so slightly popular computer game Crash Bandicoot which also happens to be the first Playstation game I ever bought.  Am looking forward to seeing how he manages the switch to literature...  I also got a copy of Bridger by Megan Curd which I've heard really good things about so I’m looking forward to this one!

The Darkening Dream  Bridger (Bridger, #1)

So that's what we got this week, now we're off to see what you all got!

9 comments:

Just a Lil Lost said...

Ooh I haven't heard of Bridger, but I like that cover!

Didn't know the guy who did Crash Bandicoot wrote a book! Very cool :)

Michele | IMM | 2 Giveaways

April (BooksandWine) said...

Ooo I've heard Alyson Noel is a good author! I mean, her cover is really pretty. Not that what is inside a book can be judged by the cover, but still.

Happy reading :-)

My IMM

Michelle @ Much Loved Books said...

I really like the sound of Fated and I am looking forward to read it. Small but good IMM this week, and congrats on not buying books!! :D

Lisa @ Lost in Literature said...

LOVE the cover of Diary of a Vampeen! I'll definitely be adding that one to my TBR list!

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Reading! :)

Cait said...

Not really a huge fan of Noel so I'll probs avoid that one. Love the cover for Bridger and cant believe crash bandicoot creater wrote a book...I used to love that game

The Cait Files

Hannah @ Dragons and Whimsy said...

Oh Fated copies are going out already? I better get reading Demon Trappers and soon! I really like the premise of this one.. the [Everlasting?] series never really appealed to me, but looking forward to Fated.

And Sally: watch my blog this week. I have an interview with Andy Gavin going up! :) Shall most likely be Wednesday or Thursday and it's really interesting.

Once Upon A Time

Unknown said...

Yayy for Fated!! I bought Bridger awhile ago but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Happy reading!

Marie @ Marie Loves Books

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

Great mailbox! Bridger is a really good read. :) Enjoy!

SallySmurf said...

Hi Hannah,

Will remember to check it out - I've had a look at the beginning of The Darkening Dream and I like what I read :)

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater