Monday 8 August 2011

Review ~ Dragon's Oath ~ P.C. & Kristin Cast


4 stars


Title: Dragon's Oath
Author: P.C. & Kristin Cast
Published: August 2011
By: Atom
Series: A House of Night Novella

Opening line: Anger and confusion stirred within Dragon Lankford.

Closing line: In the Otherworld, Nyx gazed down at Anastasia's fallen Warrior and wept.

Favourite quote: "I'm not going. I will never willingly leave you, my own. I'll be right here, growing and learning."
~Dragon~

We join Bryan Lankford in nineteenth century England, as a somewhat troublesome but more than talented teenager. Lankford is rather full of himself and thinks he can get away with anything he does that is until his father, a wealthy nobleman, has had enough, and banishes him to America with nothing but his sword. While on the docks waiting to leave Lankford is Marked a vampire and he boards a dragon-prowed ship to America, resulting in a new name and a new fate.

As he grows Dragon Lankford becomes a Sword Master, and learns there are challenges and perks one of which becomes Anastasia, the newest Professor of Spells and rituals at the House of Night. Anastasia becomes concerned about the effect Dragon is having on the other students and decides to cast a spell to let the vampires know that their future is not with the arrogant young fledgling. But Anastasia's spell has a side affect she wasn't expecting and when a dark power threatens the vampires she and Dragon grow closer.

I'm a fan of the house of night books and like most other fans I couldn't wait for this novella and after reading it it has me excited all over again and I can't wait for the next book to be released!
The writing in this books feels a little different from the main books but I think it worked well for Dragon's story. I think this novella is a brilliant insight into Dragon's life and it sure gives a new dimension to the other books. I must admit, I love the cocky Dragon but I love how he becomes vampire we know. And I can't wait to see how Dragon's tale will affect the next book.

I also love the art work in this book. It's not something we have really seen in the House of Night books but there is something magical about this book and the love story that evolves and the images add to the enchantment.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater