Wednesday 6 July 2011

Finding Sky Review


Finding Sky
4.5 stars

Title: Finding Sky
Author: Joss Stirling
Published: October 2010
By: Oxford

When Sky catches a glimpse of Zed for the first time, lounging against his motorbike at school, she is drawn to him just like every other girl in Wickenridge. But Zed sees something special in her that the other girls don't have. Zed tells her they are both Savants - people with special powers like telepathy and the ability to see into the future. Not only that, she is a Savant too, and his soulfinder - meant to be together.

When a soulfinder speaks telepathically to her partner, it's like all the lights coming on in a building. You lit me up like Vegas. But for Sky it's just not that easy - she's a mystery to herself, haunted by nightmares from her past before she was adopted, and riddled with doubt and insecurity. Just when Sky is slowly coming round to the idea of being with Zed she is kidnapped by a family of criminal Savants. In a chilling twist, Sky and Zed's relationship is put to the ultimate test and the fate of those she loves lie in Sky's hands. Will Sky have the strength to embrace her power and be brave enough to control her own destiny, or will the dark demons of her past prevent her from realising her true potential?


Opening line: The car drew away, leaving the little girl on the verge.

Closing line: My future looked very promising--and he was standing right beside me.

Favourite quote: 'You're my balance Sky. I was already slipping before I met you. I can't tell you what it means to me that you saved me from that grey existence.'
~Zed~

WOW! Just WOW! Why didn't I read this book sooner?

I think the above, taken from goodreads, tells you enough about the book and I kinda wish something similar was written on the back of the book itself.
I will admit this is a book I looked at over and over in work and for some reason I never bought it. But then one of my customers couldn't stop talking about it and we have very similar tastes. Before I had chance to buy the book she had come back into the shop and said 'read it, you'll love it' and boy did I love it!

Finding Sky is a story that pulls at your heart strings as you are dragged into Sky's world and the journey she is on to find herself and understand her past. Her past is locked deep in her mind and only her Savant and his family can help her unlock the doors.
I really like Sky, sure she has troubling dealing with what Zed has to tell her, who wouldn't, and yes she may have trouble dealing with her past but she isn't weak and I love how she grows throughout the story. She allows herself to finally let go and trust Zed and his family as they help her on her path to discovery/recovery.

And now for Zed *swoons a little* (sorry, I couldn't help myself). He is everything I want in a leading man. He is strong, protective, and arrogant, as well as loving and caring. He would do anything to protect Sky. But Zed also has his own demons to deal with and he needs his Savant just as much as she needs him.
The relationship between Zed and Sky develops at a nice pace and I hope to hear more from them throughout the other brother's books.

Speaking about the other brothers, Zed comes from a large family, he is the seventh son, and his brothers are all great characters. You feel each of them has a real purpose and I can't wait to read each of their books!
I think that is actually what I'm going to love most about this series, each brother is going to get his own story but we still get the rest of the family.

Stirling has created a world I would happily get lost in! Let me know if you feel the same!

1 comments:

Raimy from Readaraptor Hatchling said...

awww I have this on my TBR and I cant wait to read it! thanks for a great review! :D

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater