Wednesday 19 February 2014

Review ~ Anna and the French Kiss ~ Stephanie Perkins



Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Published by: Usborne
UK Publication date: January 2014
Source: Publisher

goodreads says:

 Anna has everything figured out - she was about to start senior year with her best friend, she had a great weekend job, and her huge work crush looked as if it might finally be going somewhere... Until her dad decides to send her 4383 miles away to Paris. On her own.

But despite not speaking a word of French, Anna finds herself making new friends, including Etienne, the smart, beautiful boy from the floor above. But he’s taken – and Anna might be too. Will a year of romantic near-missed end with the French kiss she’s been waiting for?


I say:
I had heard so much about this book that when I was offered a copy for review I jumped at the chance as I wanted to know what all the hype was about. Unfortunately Anna and the French kiss just didn't hit the right spot for me at all! Let's face it, it's a chick-lit but that's not the problem, we all love a good romance and hot guy but this book just goes round and round in circles. It gets very frustrating.

Anna is a likeable character with the usual things happening like all young ladies and she falls for the hot guy, but the hot guy is taken! St. Clair is the guy everyone wants but he is in a relationship and well, he shouldn't be acting the way he does with Anna if you ask me!! It's simple in my eyes, if you are in a relationship that you are no longer happy in you don't just stay with that person because you 'don't want to be alone'. He likes Anna & Anna like him but there is just do much time wasting done between the two that I was actually getting annoyed.

That said there were some nice moments between the two and some lovely 'non-dates'. And the fact the story is set in Paris is another big plus for me. But other than this there was not much more to the story for me. I really did want to like this book given the hype but I was just 50/50 I'm afraid.

3/5 stars because the story was set in Paris and the author gave us some nice moments.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater