Sunday 18 March 2012

In My Mailbox #50






In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted over at The Story Siren. This meme allows us bloggers to show what books we receive each week.






So Bungle was really good with the pursestrings this week! She did however get a visit from one of her favourite reps and managed to pick up a few goodies as a result. I so want her job!!


Bungle was lucky enough to get hold of a copy of Lenobia's Vow by PC and Kristin Cast. She also got her hands on these fantastic Dark Parties bookmarks. I hear that some of these may be making their way into our birthday giveaway so if you've haven't entered yet, maybe now is the time!


She also added a couple of books to her adult reading collection. She got hold of copies of Darkness Unbound by Ken Arthur and Envy by one of my fave authors JR Ward so I looking forward to hearing what she thinks of that one! :)

Helen's mailbox














Last week Helen made the big mistake of picking up the Hunger Games thinking it would be a cup of tea and a quick read! Turns out she should have taken heed of Michelle's comment on last weeks IMM! She is officially hooked! (woohoo! I knew that would happen!) So this week as you have probably already guessed she bought Catching Fire and Mockingjay to complete the trilogy by Suzanne Collins!

Sally's mailbox

So this week I was on leave from work which meant I got a read loads more than usual! Good times!


So the first thing I received this week was a copy of the Night Watch trilogy by Russian author Sergei Lukyanenko and I have my friend Colin to thank for these! :) The note of the front suggests that this series is JK Rowling - Russian style but having read a few pages I would suggest that it's going to be a tad darker then HP! I'm a few chapters into #1 and so far it's looking pretty good. The first two have also been made into films which I'll be watching once I've read the books...


I also got a copy of Incarnate by Jodi Meadows and The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter which I need to read before I read the galley of Goddess Interrupted for review. Am hearing good things about this series so looking forward to making a start on this one.

So, that's it from us and I guess there's only one way to sign off this week - Happy Hunger Games everyone and may the odds ever be in your favour! I'll be off to the preview screening on Wednesday and I'll stick a few notes (non-spoilery of course!) up on twitter after. So exciting!!

In the meantime, what did you get?

2 comments:

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Wow, everything you got looks so good! I really want to read Incarnate and The Goddess Test, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Hopefully I can soon! I hope you enjoy everything you got :)

Here's my IMM!

Michelle @ Much Loved Books said...

Amazing haul this week. I love the bookmarks and may be very jealous of you ;)
Yay for being so hooked on HG that you had to pick up the rest of the seires. I did warn you it would happen :D.
My brother loves Night Watch, he has tried to get me to read them but so far has not been sucessful, alhough I did like the movie :)
I have read the biginig of Incarnate what was available online and I really need to get hold of this book.

Check out my IMM

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater